The Wellbeing Centre
The College Wellbeing Centre provides a whole range of services to provide support for you whilst you are studying with us. The team includes:
- A College Health and Wellbeing Advisor – provides confidential health care and advice to all students as and when required
- A College Welfare Advisor – helps with advising students on claiming external sources of funding, welfare benefits and tax credits and offering tutorials on budgeting and money management
- A College Careers Officer – he can help with all aspects of careers advice and guidance, help with university applications, advice on CV writing, interview skills and looking for a job
- Our Youth Workers – they organise fund raising events and recreational activities, help with special tutorial subject matters, provide guidance for students on various matters and most importantly provide a friendly face in college
- A College Chaplain – provides faith/non-faith support which can be 1:1, within a prayer group or part of the coffee morning meetings.
- A College Young Carers Champion- helps with advice and support for any Young carers and their family. Also working alongside Young carers Trust Peterborough and other organisations, plus the college have Young Carers Ambassadors who are available to have a chat with
Safeguarding – Keeping you safe at college
Our Safeguarding team are remote working during this period, so please contact us if you need to advise us of a change in circumstances for yourself or your son/daughter, or for any concerns. If you need to contact the college Safeguarding team at this time please email Safeguarding.PRC@peterborough.ac.uk or call 07740 456720.
The following link provides details of our Covid-19 Safeguarding arrangements – Covid-19 Safeguarding arrangements
If you need immediate help or support you should contact the emergency services or suggested services listed below:
- Police – 999
- NHS – 111
- Domestic Abuse line – 0808 2000 247
- NSPCC – 01733 207620
- www.Kooth.com – Offer online support for people with Mental Health concerns
- Samaritans – 0330 094 5717
- Womens Aid 24hr – 08454 103 123
- Peterborough City Council (housing) – 01733 864064
- Promotion of your health and development
- Ensuring your safety and care
- Ensuring you are offered the best life chances
- Protection from abuse and neglect
- Prevention of bullying and harassment
The College takes its responsibilities very seriously and operates robust policies on health and safety, child protection and safeguarding to ensure that all people that use our buildings and services are kept safe from all forms of harm. The College has appropriate staff to provide support and guidance on all safeguarding issues. Copies of College policies are available on request.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment. We embrace a ‘whole college approach’ to safeguarding, ensuring that all staff are trained in Safeguarding and Child Protection issues and are kept up to date with changes in legislation and practice. We will take all allegations and suspicions of abuse seriously and will respond to them promptly. We will also make information available on Safeguarding and Child Protection to parents, students and contractors.
Visit the Digital Parenting website for advice and information about the latest digital technologies and the challenges children and teenagers might face in their digital world.
If you are experiencing any type of abuse at college or in your personal life, we can support you. The College safeguarding team are here to listen to you. All safeguarding concerns can be reported to safeguardingPRC@peterborough.ac.uk
- ID Cards – information for parents
- Covid-19 Safeguarding arrangements
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults policy
- Safeguarding Action Plan
- Anti-bullying and Harassment policy
- Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing Strategy for Learners
- Mental Health Charter
- Prevent Risk Assessment Action Plan
- Domestic Violence Support Document
Peterborough is a richly diverse, multicultural and multi-faith city. This diversity is reflected in the make-up of learners in PRC and UCP. We want to create an environment which makes sure that members of any faith or non-believers are treated with respect, dignity and fairness and are encouraged to participate in college activities and functions.
The Multi-faith Chaplaincy team is made up of volunteers from the main faith groups in Peterborough. The team offers advice, guidance and one-to-one support on matters of faith, religion and belief. The team helps organise activities to celebrate and observe various festivals and events. The Chaplain is available during the week or can be contacted by phone. The College also has a Prayer and Contemplation room available throughout the College day for all to use.