During your study you will cover a range of areas which will help you to develop your knowledge and skills as well as learning to apply these to practical situations. You will complete four or seven mandatory topics depending on the diploma chosen.
On successful completion of the Foundation Diploma course, you will have the option to study for an additional year to top up your qualification to the BTEC Extended Diploma in Computing.
In this 1st year you will study the fundamental building blocks of computing subjects providing a broad set of skills and knowledge.
Mandatory Units - Must be Achieved:
- Unit 1 Principles of Computer Science (Year 1)
- Unit 7 IT Systems Security and Encryption (Year 1)
- Unit 8 Business Applications of Social Media (Year 1)
- Unit 2 Fundamentals of Computer Systems (Year 1)
- Unit 3 Planning and Management of Computing (Year 2)
- Unit 4 Software Design and Development (Year 2)
- Unit 9 The Impact of Computing (Year 2)
Optional Units - Tailored to our course:
- Unit 11 Digital Graphics and Animation (Year 1)
- Unit 20 Managing and Supporting Systems (Year 1)
- Unit 14 Computer Games Development (Year 2)
- Unit 16 Object-oriented Programming (Year 2)
- Unit 17 Mobile Apps Development (Year 2)
- Unit 19 Computer Networking (Year 2)
- Unit 21 Virtualisation (Year 2)