Call us on 0345 8728722
< swipe navigation >

Starting at the College in September 2020

Following the government’s announcement about exams and qualifications, we would like to reassure those of you who have applied to PRC that your application will not be in any way disadvantaged because of the exceptional circumstances in which qualifications are having to be awarded this year.

We know that you may be worried about how the qualifications you are currently studying will get graded following the cancellation of this summer’s exams. We understand, too, that you might have concerns about what this will mean for your enrolment on the course you have applied to study with us. In light of these exceptional circumstances, PRC has decided to remove the interview step of our admissions process and you have now been sent an email making you a conditional offer at the college. You have our reassurance that, whatever happens, we will have a course for you to enrol on this coming September 2020.

We will continue to stay in touch with you and provide updates regarding your application with us. Our Admissions and Information Team remain operational and can be contacted at or should you have any further questions.


Frequently Asked Questions


  • Have I been offered a place on the subject I applied for? - Read more ...

    Yes, you have been given a conditional offer on the subject you applied for. We acknowledge the difficult time you are in right now but also how important the studies you have been doing in school so far are. Nothing is wasted.

  • Grades and Entry Requirements - Read more ...

    What if I don’t achieve the grades needed for my chosen course?
    Don’t worry! You will be placed on the level most appropriate for the qualifications you have achieved.

    What should I do if I can’t take my GCSE exams due to Covid19?
    Don’t worry! We are being guided by the Department of Education and will act in conjunction with their recommendations. Your place on the course will be safe.

    During the first 6 weeks of term, assessments will take place. These will tell us and you if you are on the right course and the right level. No education is wasted.

    Where/when do I have to send my exam certificates?
    Bring any certificates you have along to your enrolment slot. These will be copied and attached to your learning record. We will notify you ahead of time of the date and time for your enrolment.

  • Steps to Success - Read more ...

    The first 6 weeks of your course are the beginning of our Steps to Success Programme. Within this programme you will be able to access support and decide if the course you have begun is the right one for you and your future. These include (but are not limited to):

    • Allowing you to change course if you change your mind
    • Moving you between course levels if you are finding the current level too easy / too hard
    • Incorporating English and maths GCSE into your timetable if you require it (16-18 year old students only)
    • Supporting you with accessing external work experience as part of your study programme
    • Providing access to additional learning support should you need extra support in the classroom or an assessment for learning resources
    • Regular 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor (Achievement Support Lead), who will get to know you and ensure you are happy and engaged with your course
    • One-to-one reviews with your academic tutor to ensure you are progressing and achieving well
  • Fees - Read more ...

    Are there any course fees to pay?
    If you are aged between 16 & 18 there are no tuition fees to pay. If you are aged 19 or over there are fees. For more information you can email us at where an advisor will be able to go through any questions you may have.

    I would like to apply for a 2 year Level 3 course. I am 18 now but will be 19 before I start the 2nd year, will I have to pay?
    As you will be 18 on 31st August 2020, both years of your course will be funded if you enrol on a two year course

    What payment methods are there for my course?
    If you are aged 19+ and need to fund the course yourself there are a few options available to you:

    • Paying in full either by bank transfer, in cash or via credit or debit card
    • Paying in Instalments through Flex Ed. You would pay the first third at enrolment, followed by a monthly payment until the end of March 2021. With each payment you have a £6 admin charge which is paid in the first month’s instalment
    • Advanced Learner Loan If you are studying a Level 3 course you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan. For further information about this loan please visit the government website. Advanced Learner Loan

    For further information or to discuss your payment options contact the Information Centre team on

    How do I apply for the Advanced Learner Loan?
    A funding letter will be sent or emailed out to you. This will include all the information you need to apply for the loan. If you have any problems you can come to the Information Centre when the college reopens and we will be able to help with your application. In the meantime you can contact us on if you have any further questions or use the following link. Advanced Learner Loan

    The loans are only available for level 3 – 6 Further Education courses for students aged 19+

    Home to College Transport
    We have 14 different bus routes to get you to and from college ensuring your day is as seamless as possible. The cost of an annual bus pass is £150. This can be paid prior to you starting your course (when the college reopens) or at the point of enrolment. For further information or to view our current bus timetables please visit our transport page.

    Bus timetables are subject to change for the new academic year.

  • Financial Support - Read more ...

    I can’t afford the extra costs for my course, how can I get help?
    We have a Discretionary Learner Support Fund which can help students with the cost of home to college transport (if you live more than 2 miles from college). It also helps with any mandatory additional course costs such as equipment, uniform, trips or childcare. The application form will be sent out to you, this will include the criteria for support and what evidence will be required. Please contact us for more information at

    I currently get free school meals. Can I still get them at college?
    The Discretionary Learner Support Fund can help students with Free College Meals. The application form will be posted or emailed to you before the beginning of term. Once received you will be able to apply and provide any necessary evidence.

    Is there any support available for my childcare?
    If you are a parent under the age of 20, you could apply for childcare support through the Care to Learn Scheme. Please visit the government website for more information on the Care to Learn Scheme. Care to Learn

    If you are over the age of 20 The Discretionary Learner Support Fund may be available to you. An application form will be sent or emailed across to you nearer the time of your enrolment. For more information you could contact us on

    When will I find out what uniform and equipment I need?
    The uniform/kit list will be provided to you during enrolment. You will be advised how to buy them and where you need to go. If you need help with paying for these the college could help, please contact us for more information at