Upon successful completion of this course, the next stage is a practical test arranged through the Taxi Enforcement department of Peterborough City Council.
What can this course lead to?
Who is it for?
This course is run at the request of Peterborough City Council and is mandatory for anyone who is applying for a new private hire drivers’ licence.
When you enrol on the course you will be given some pre-course booklets to study, you should pay particular attention to the driver terms and conditions and the vehicle terms and conditions as these will form part of your exam.
What is covered?
The course will cover 7 different areas:
- Part 1 Legal obligations relating to the Equality Act 2010
- Part 2 Legal obligations relating to Safeguarding
- Part 3 Basic spelling and receipt writing
- Part 4 Basic money and time calculations
- Part 5 How to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Part 6 Private Hire Driver terms and conditions
- Part 7 Private Hire Vehicle terms and conditions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To enquire about available dates and enrol on this course please visit the information centre at Peterborough College, Park Crescent Peterborough PE1 4DZ.
You will need to bring:
- Photo ID
- Document showing proof of your current address such as a bank statement or utility bill dated within the last 3 months.
1 day course, from 9.30am until 4pm.
There will be an exam as part of the course which you will need to pass in order to gain your Taxi General Competency certificate.
The exam is in 2 parts:
- Written exam which will include basic spelling, time and money calculations and a multiple-choice section which will test your knowledge on terms and conditions, general communication and safeguarding.
- Speaking and listening exam which will include questions on safeguarding, general communication and terms and conditions.
Please note: you need to be able to read, write, speak and understand English to a reasonable level in order to successfully complete the course.
The full day course costs £140 including the exam.