Award Winning Careers Advice
We aim to provide all current and prospective students with a comprehensive Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme including:
- Guidance to help you identify your career goals and interests
- Careers information relating to specific industries
- Support in identifying your career goals
- Support for the University application process
- Student finance guidance
- Supporting work experience
- Developing enterprise skills
- Progression events
- 1-2-1 impartial, confidential careers guidance
- Work related education and enterprise & employment opportunities
- Access to the National Careers Service
- Participation in cross college events e.g. Career Awareness Fair, Apprenticeship Week, university guest lectures and employer visits
Careers Education gives students the skills, knowledge and understanding to manage their own lifelong learning and career development. Through careers education, information, advice and guidance, students will be able to feel positive about themselves, improve their motivation, raise their aspirations and take responsibility for their career plans.
Peterborough Regional College has its very own employment service, Jobsmart, where you can benefit from weekly vacancy listings, CV advice, access to a wide range of training courses and a dedicated vacancy matching service.
Career Coach is a tool designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training. You can access Career Coach here.
There are lots of benefits to work experience, you’ll be working alongside people who have been in the job for years who can pass knowledge on to you. Work experience builds self-esteem, and you’ll get to put into practice all of the new skills you’ve been learning at College.
- You will experience a behind the scenes look into your career choices
- You will develop the relevant occupational skills, attitude and behaviours expected at work
- You will be able to make a meaningful decision about your future and progression
- You get the chance to develop your employability skills, which could give you the edge when it comes to applying for jobs
- If you impress your employer you may get the opportunity for a part-time job, or full time job or apprenticeship once you have completed your course
- Work experience improves personal development
- If your progression route is onto University then you will have relevant and recent work experience to talk about in your personal statement / interviews
Our specialist hub provides business, work experience, career, enterprise and job information, advice and guidance to students.
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance leaflet
- Learner Journey
- Parent/Carer’s Guide
- Careers Strategy
- Careers Programme Table
- UCAS Parent, Guardian and Carer Guide
- Careers Information and Advice – Parental Guidance
Tips for students
Are you having trouble getting started with your coursework? We’ve provided some tips to help you get motivated. Read more…