On this Apprenticeship you will learn the following skills, knowledge and behaviours:
• Leading People - leadership skills, coaching to support people, development and improve performance, decision making, role modelling and managing change
• Managing people - team management models, team dynamics and motivation techniques, HR systems and legal requirements, performance management including absence management, conducting appraisals, setting goals and objectives.
• Building relationships - building trust, negotiation and influencing skills, conflict management, customer and stakeholder management
• Communications - understanding different forms of communication and their application, active listening, provision of constructive feedback, chairing meeting, and digital, verbal and written communication skills
• Operational Management - communicating organisational strategy and delivering against operational plans, providing deliverable actions for the team and monitoring outcomes, effectively using resources, and collating and analysing data to create reports
• Project management - organising and managing resource and risk, and monitoring progress to deliver against project plans
• Decision Making - using effective problem solving techniques to make decisions, provider solutions, and give advice and support
You will also complete a work-based portfolio showcasing the skills you have learnt on the course in a work-based environment, as well as an End-point assessment in the last 2-3 months of the programme.
Additional time on top of the 13 months may be required to complete your independent End-point assessment. You must have a contract of employment for the duration of your Apprenticeship programme.
As an Apprentice you will be expected to attend college 1 day a month as part of your ongoing 20% off-the-job training. Additional off-the-job training hours are expected to be completed within the workplace, however you may be asked to complete tasks at home via Google Classroom and One-file.
Please note you may also be asked to complete additional English and Maths qualifications as part of the Apprenticeship programme.