Successful completion of this course may lead on to level 1 qualifications such as the Level 1 in Light Vehicle Maintenance.
What can this course lead to?
Who is it for?
This course is great for school leavers who have an interest in the automotive industry. It is designed for those who would like to carry out work on cars and would like to develop their knowledge, skills and experience in this area whilst gaining a recognised motor vehicle qualification which can lead to further training and education within the motor industry.
What is covered?
During your study you will have access to a variety of tools whilst you develop your knowledge and skills in this area. You will also cover a number of topics including:
- Vehicle construction basic routine maintenance
- Identification of tyres, brakes, steering and suspension systems
- Identification of engines and engine components
- Identification of transmission systems and transmission related components
- Identification of electrical components and related systems
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No formal qualification needed.
A series of online exams along with practical and theory coursework.
You will need to supply your own overalls and safety shoes or boots. You will need to bring along sufficient stationery for class work.