Alongside your course at the Air and Defence Career College you'll be involved with enrichment activities ranging from expert guest speakers from our industry partners, to existing visits to RAF bases and industry workplaces, along with residential visits and adventure training.
- 30-hours of work-related activity linked closely to the Defence industry
- Participate in activities around Science, Technology, English and Maths (STEM) led by The Royal Society of Engineers
- Participate in general and trade RAF station visits
- Participate in a week-long residential visit developed by the RAF
- Participate in outdoor and adventurous activities, including high/low ropes activities; climbing and canoeing
For Hospitality & Catering you will cover food preparation and cooking at an advanced, specialised craft and knowledge skills level. You will need to demonstrate:
- Competency for all of the mandatory units that reflect food safety
- Health and safety
- Current relevant legislation
- Current industrial fashions with traditional background attributes.
During the course you'll attend college 5 days per week. With 3 days within Hosptiality and Catering and 2 days dedicated to the Air and Defence College.