NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing Level 3
Type: Part Time
Subject: Hairdressing, Beauty and Complementary Therapies
Start Date: 02 September 2019
1 year Monday 11am –6pm
Who is it for
This course involves learning advanced hairdressing skills such as promoting additional products and services to clients, providing hairdressing consultation skills and creating a variety of looks using a combination of techniques. The course combines theory and practice and you will need to produce a range of projects. You will undertake skills that will lead you into your chosen are of expertise. You will undertake colour and colour correction that is at the forefront of industry requirements.
Interview Skills Assessment
Yes, an interview will be required before you join the course to determine a place on the course.
What will I need
NVQ 2 in hairdressing or equivalent industry experience. You will also need to be currently working in the hairdressing industry and be actively working on clients within a salon.
What is covered
The hairdressing level 3 NVQ Diploma consists of various mandatory units and optional units to achieve the full NVQ Diploma.
• Unit 304 Provide client consultation services
• Unit 301 Creatively style and dress hair
• Unit 302 Provide hairdressing consultation services
• Unit 303 creatively colour and lighten hair GH16 Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
• Unit 401 Hair colour correction services
• Unit 306 Creative hair extension services
• Unit 402 Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
• Unit 404 Contribute to the planning, implemenatation and evaluation of promotional activities
• Unit 307 Create a variety of permed effects
• 214 Cut men's hair using basic techniques
• 213 Fulfil salon reception duties
• Creating a digital animated graphic
• To carry out a high standard of advanced hairdressing skills
• To be aware of current fashion trends
• To supervise other team members
• To interpret techniques creatively
• To be aware of and use new technology used by the industry
The course consists of 2 hours theory and 4 hours practical work per week. You will need to complete written and essential knowledge questions. It could also include an external visit to either a hair show or leading manufactures studio.
You will need to produce mini projects and participates in competition work., and an end of year hair show or photo shoot, all of which will add to your CV and provide you with good industry practice.
This course can lead you onto your future goals and aspirations, such as working on a cruise ship or teaching.
How is the course assessed
What can this course lead to
Teaching / training certificate
Are there any additional costs
College registration fee, full hairdressing kit, camera, hairdressing journal