Functional Skills Maths - Digital
Type: Part Time
Subject: English and Maths
Start Date: 14 September 2020
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Entry levels / Level 1 / Level 2
Who is it for
• Over 19 students who wish to improve their understanding of maths and work towards gaining a nationally recognised qualification whilst working within a flexible online working environment.
• Online materials posted each week are expected to take 4–6 hours to complete with a formative assessment each week. You are expected to allocated up to 7 hours per week of your time in order to progress.
• You must be able to commit to the exam date(s) of your given intake.
• Due to the nature of the course you must have access to a computer or laptop device and an internet connection. (a phone or small tablet will not be sufficient)
• Autumn 1 – 26/10/20 – 4/12/20, Exam sat on 11/12/20
• Winter 1 – 04/01/21 – 08/02/21, Exam sat on 19/02/21
• Winter 2 – 22/02/21 – 09/04/21, Exam sat on 16/04/21
• Spring 1 – 19/04/21 – 24/05/21. Exam sat on 04/06/21
• Summer 1 – 07/06/21 – 12/07/21, Exam sat on 16/07/21
What will I need
• Maths set
• General stationary
• Webcam (optional)
• Mic (optional)
How is the course assessed
• Online formative assessment
• Paper based exam
What can this course lead to
• Progression onto the next level of mathematics, Higher Functional Skills Mathematics into GCSE maths.
• A level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics qualification is an entry requirement to many jobs.
Are there any additional costs
The course is free for anyone without a GCSE A* – C OR 9 – 4.
• Entry into a paper based exam is dependent on performace in the first two weeks, if successful an exam will be booked with your consent.
• Minimum attendance/work completion for the course is 85%
• See http://sites.google.com/peterborough.ac.uk/peterboroughcollege–onlinecore/home to complete a screening assessment.
If you are interested in joining this course please call the College on 0345 872 8722.