CIPD Diploma in Applied Human Resource Level 5
Type: Part Time
Subject: Business Administration, Management and Professional
Start Date: 24 September 2019
54 weeks Tuesday 2.00pm – 8.30pm
Who is it for
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 5 Intermediate qualifications offer you the opportunity to build on your expertise in your chosen HR subjects and gain a professional level of CIPD membership. Set at undergraduate level, the CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource Management qualification is for those:
• Looking to develop a career in HR management or development and want to study a recognised qualification
• Who need to understand the role of HR in the wider organisational and environmental context
• Seeking to progress and further develop their professional HR knowlegde after studying a CIPD Level 3 Foundation qualification
• Aspring to become a professional member of the CIPD, as an Associate member.
A CIPD diploma qualification is the largest size qualification at the Intermediate level with a total of 44 credits. It enables you to develop your skills of HR through studying more professional areas, widening your breadth of HR knowledge. This qualification is comparable to a Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) Level 5 (or undergraduate level).
• To develop the skills needed in Human Resource Management
• To demonstrate an awareness of the context of Human Resource Management and the key issues that impact on personnel within the organisation.
• To provide a safe environment where participants can test their skills without repercussion
• To develop a good practical range of basic Human Resource Management skills
The course concentrates on core areas such as developing professional practice, managing the HR function, using HR information and how HR is a vital part of the overall business context. You will explore key issues such as resource and talent planning, employment law, reward management and contemporary developments in employment relations. The emphasis throughout the course is on active participation and practical activity work. This allows you to see how your skills are developing both in College and in your organisation.
How this course fits in with other qualifications:–
This course builds on the Level 3 Foundation Level Certificate in Human Resource Practice (HRP) which is also offered by Peterborough Regional College.
Interview Skills Assessment
A formal interview and case study activity is required with the tutor before joining this course.
What will I need
You will need 4 GCSE's at grade C or above including English and maths or equivalent.
Ideally you should have a recognised Human Resource or Learning and Development qualification. You will need to either have extensive experience in a Human Resource role or be in a Human Resource role.
Learners will need to study outside of course hours as assessments are set.
What is covered
• Developing Professional Practice 5DVP
• Business Issues and the Context of Human Resources 5CHR
• Managing and Co–ordinating the Human Resources Function 5 HRF
• Using Information in Human Resources 5UIN
• Resource and Talent Planning 5RST
• Reward Management 5RMT
• Employment Law 5EML
• Contemporary Developments in Employment Relations 5DER
How is the course assessed
The CIPD standards require you to complete a series of Assignments related to your business organisation. Your College tutors will assess your work throughout your course, e.g. written reports and observable practical skills through a variety of work related and practical activities. You will build the Assignments into a complete portfolio of your work on the course. Regular attendance is essential because of the practical nature of the course.
What can this course lead to
On successful completion of the course you will receive an inscribed Intermediate Diploma in Human Resource Management Practice from the CIPD and become eligible to be an Associate of the CIPD.
Successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma in HR Management will enable learners to be eligible for the Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management which is delivered by University Centre Peterborough and awarded by Anglia Ruskin University. The course is taught on a two year part time basis. The Post Graduate Diploma in HRM is the foremost award in the field of human resource management and is held by many UK and international directors.
Are there any additional costs
You will need to become a student member of the CIPD which needs to be maintained in order to receive your Diploma. Current student membership is £138, but please refer to the CIPD website for latest information.
The course will take place at Peterborough Regional College and you will need to also study outside of course hours.