BTEC Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment Level 3
Type: Part Time
Start Date: 04 November 2020
2 Year course 36 weeks per year
Who is it for
The BTEC Nationals in Construction and the Built Environment have been developed in the Construction and the Built Environment sector to:
• give education and training for construction and the built environment employees from a range of sectors within the industry.
• give opportunities for construction and the built environment employees to achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 vocationally–specific qualification. This could be in Construction, Civil Engineering or Building Services.
• give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
This course is ideal for those that are new to the Construction industry or are changing careers from another area. Employment in the Construction industry would certainly prove to be an advantage, but not essential.
Interview Skills Assessment
An informal interview is required with the tutor before joining this course.
What will I need
Minimum of 4 GCSE qualifications at grades C and above. These are to include; Maths, English, and two others. Those without formal qualifications, but with substantial experience will also be considered.
What is covered
The course consists of a number of Units that are relevant to the particular sector. Whether it be Construction, Civil Engineering or Building Services. For Civil Engineering these will include;
• Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
• Sustainable Construction
• Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
• Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
• Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
• Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
• Construction in Civil Engineering
• Structural Mechanics in Construction and Civil Engineering
• Computer Aided Drafting and Design for Construction
• Further Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
• Public Health Engineering in Civil Engineering
• Highway Construction and Maintenance in Civil Engineering
How is the course assessed
A range of coursework projects, group projects, presentations and evidence of development as appropriate to the various modules.
What can this course lead to
Successful completion of this course will allow progression onto the Level 4 / 5 Higher National Certificate / Diploma in Civil Engineering.
Are there any additional costs
Equipment and materials as advised during the induction process.
The course will take place at Park Crescent campus.