Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 3
Type: Part Time
Subject: Engineering and Motor Vehicle
Start Date: 02 September 2019
34 weeks on a Thursday, 8:45am – 17:15pm
Who is it for
This course is designed for students who are undertaking an Apprenticeship with a Technical Certificate, or anyone who wishes to develop occupational knowledge and progress into the motor industry. This course focuses on complex system fault diagnosis and advanced systems operation, i.e. faults that involve the interaction of more than one vehicle system and require an in–depth knowledge to enable accurate diagnosis.
Interview Skills Assessment
An informal interview is required with the tutor before joining this course.
What will I need
Assessed on an individual basis by interview. You must have a level 2 Diploma in vehicle maintenance and repair. You should have 3 GCSEs at grade C or above in maths, English, and a science subject, plus a basic literacy and numeracy test. Practical work experience through your studies would be an advantage.
What is covered
A combination of technology and workshop–based learning, Level 3 focuses on complex system fault diagnosis and advanced systems operation, i.e. faults that involve the interaction of more than one vehicle system and require an in–depth knowledge to enable accurate diagnosis to be made. Typical modules include:
• Advanced Braking, Steering, and Suspension Systems
• Advanced Engine Operations and Fault Diagnosis
• Advanced Transmission Systems and Fault Diagnosis
• Auxiliary Systems and Complex Fault Finding Techniques
How is the course assessed
Typical assessment methods include:
• Tests, involving short and long answer questions
• Report, reviews, and case studies
• Practical exercises, involving oral and written reports
• Practical assignments (assessed for process, as well as product)
• End of unit multiple choice question online exams
What can this course lead to
An Advanced Apprenticeship.