Call us on 0345 8728722

Childcare & Education Level 3


Type: Full Time

Subject: Childcare, Health and Social Care


Start Date: 02 September 2019

Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information

Course Length

Level 3 programmes are usually 2 years, depending on individual entry grades and career aspirations.


Level 3

Who is it for

This NCFE CACHE Level 3 course is for you if you enjoy working with children, have good organisational skills, are a good team member and can take on responsibility, showing a mature approach. The course prepares you to work in a supervisory role e.g. nursery nurse in a variety of settings within the early years sector such as private day nurseries, schools and children's centres.

Interview Skills Assessment

You will be required to attend a Welcome Event – details will be provided upon application.

What will I need

A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, two of which must be English and maths. If you wish to go to higher education to train as a teacher you will also need a science GCSE at grade C/4 or above. You will also be required to have a DBS check for placement.

What is covered

Subjects covered include:
• Child development
• Play and learning
• Professional practice
• Providing safe environments
• Children's health and wellbeing
• Preparing for school readiness
Two days a week are spent in a variety of childcare settings throughout the two year course.

How is the course assessed

The course is assessed through assignments and an external assessment.

What can this course lead to

You can progress to university to study a degree in education/teacher training
or other related subjects such as nursing or child related programmes.
The course also qualifi es you for employment in nurseries, primary schools, children's wards, maternity units and working alongside health visitors and social workers.

Are there any additional costs

You will need to purchase a college polo shirt (optional) for placement at £15.00.

Apply Online Print Details Any Questions?