Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner Level 2 (Jan start)
Type: Part Time
Subject: Childcare, Health and Social Care
Start Date: 06 January 2020
39 weeks – workbased
Who is it for
It is suitable for those working or as volunteers in a supervised role that support pupils' learning within an early year's environment for a minimum of 250 placement hours (45 days).
Interview Skills Assessment
• Complete a course application form
• Attend an informal interview as required with the tutor before joining this course along with numeracy and literacy screening.
• Contact us for any further information.
What will I need
You must be working or volunteering in an early years setting.
What is covered
The units cover children and young people's development, the requirements of safeguarding and the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion. They also include:
• Understand how to work in partnership
• Understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child
• Support children's play in early years
• Use observation, assessment and planning
How is the course assessed
An approved assessor will visit you in your workplace to assess your practical competence, knowledge and understanding. You will need to submit a portfolio to show your competence in all areas of the qualification.
A portfolio of evidence will be completed and verified by your allocated assessor. This will include written assignments, direct observations, professional discussions and reflective accounts. There will be no final examination.
What can this course lead to
The course can lead to NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (QCF).
The course will take place in the workplace and at Park Crescent campus at the College.
Learners are required to attend college for an initial induction to the course and 3 half day mandatory workshops; all other training will be delivered in the workplace.