Entry to the Uniformed Services Level 2
Type: Full Time
Subject: Public (Uniformed Services)
Start Date: 01 September 2020
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Who is it for
The course is designed to prepare you for entry into any of the uniformed services and many students go on to join the Armed Forces, Fire, Police or Prison services. The College has close links with numerous local uniformed public services for experience of service routines and the Armed Forces careers office for development of teamwork and participation in adventurous activities.
Interview Skills Assessment
You will be required to attend a Welcome Event – details will be provided upon application.
What will I need
4 GCSEs at grade 3/D or above and must include English.
What is covered
This course will prepare you for working in the uniformed services through visiting speakers, trips to bases, meeting various public services personnel and experience of expeditions and residential camps. You will study subjects such as:
• Investigate employment opportunities in the uniformed services
• Physical fi tness for the uniformed services
• Develop team working and problem solving skills
• Health and safety in the uniformed services
• Health and hygiene in the uniformed services
• Follow uniformed service routine
• Exploring equality and diversity for the uniformed services
• Carry out map reading and navigation
• Undertake adventurous activities
How is the course assessed
Assignments, practical demonstrations and tests.
What can this course be combined with
English, Maths, Work Experience and Employability Skills.
What can this course lead to
You can go on to work in the uniformed services, such as the armed forces, fire and rescue service, PCSO, prison service or further study at a higher level on Level 3 Entry to the Uniformed Services course (dependant on GCSE English results).
Are there any additional costs
You will need warm, waterproof clothing for outdoor activities. There may also be some costs for uniforms and residential visits (approximately £350).