IT and Computing Level 2
Type: Full Time
Subject: Computing and ICT
Start Date: 02 September 2019
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Who is it for
This course is designed to be a practical, work–related course that will help you
achieve your full potential. The qualification is taught as a practical hands–on programme in the context of a real job within the IT sector. It also provides a good knowledge base in order to progress to more advanced work–related qualifications.
Interview Skills Assessment
You will be required to attend a Welcome Event, details will be provided upon application.
What will I need
4 GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English and maths or Level 1 IT at Merit and Functional Skills Level 1 or GCSE English and maths at grade D/3.
What is covered
This qualifi cation looks at IT in today's world and focuses on how IT operates, the key concepts and principals related to the innovative world of information technology and computing.
The course covers topics in:
• Essentials of IT
• Essentials of cyber security
• Building IT systems
• Creating programming solutions for business
• Creating business solutions
• Participating in a project and pitching a product
• Using emerging technologies
• Supporting IT functions
• Software and hardware installation and upgrade
• Creating a computer network
• Creating websites
• Creating mobile applications for business
• Games creation
• Using social media channels for business
• Using data analysis software
• Creating visual business products
What can this course lead to
Upon achieving an overall Merit GCSE C/4 in English and maths you can also progress on to the Level 3 Digital Technologies course or use the skills and knowledge from this course to apply for jobs in the IT industry.
Alternatively you can take another qualification at level 2 in an alternative subject, for example business or an apprenticeship.