Complementary Therapies Level 2
Type: Full Time
Subject: Hairdressing, Beauty and Complementary Therapies
Start Date: 02 September 2019
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Who is it for
The course aims to provide a range of essential technical and practical skills and knowledge which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the complementary therapy industry.
Interview Skills Assessment
You will be required to attend a Welcome Event – details will be provided upon application.
What will I need
You will need 4 GCSEs at grade 4. Good attendance, a college/school/employer reference and successful interview.
Each student must have a genuine interest in the complementary therapy industry along with excellent communication skills.
What is covered
This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16–19 age group. This qualification includes anatomy and physiology, basic massage therapy techniques, basic reflexology techniques, basic aromatherapy techniques, healthy eating and wellbeing, clinic services and business awareness. Learners will have their knowledge and skills assessed in a real or realistic working environment.
• Introduction to principles and practice of
• Complementary therapies
• Introduction to clinic services and business awareness for complementary therapies
• Knowledge of anatomy and physiology for complementary therapies
• Provide basic massage therapy techniques for complementary therapies
• Provide basic aromatherapy techniques using pre–blended oils
• Provide basic reflexology techniques
• Introduction to healthy eating and wellbeing for the complementary therapy client
What can this course lead to
Successful completion of this course may lead on to employment within the complementary therapy industry make–up industry for example in beauty salons, Spa's you could also progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies