Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
Type: Full Time
Subject: Childcare, Health and Social Care
Start Date: 01 September 2020
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Who is it for
This NCFE CACHE Level 2 course is for you if you are interested in fi nding out about childcare and are looking to start a career in caring for children. The course introduces you to many fascinating early years topics including child development, play and working with children from birth up to the age of sixteen.
Interview Skills Assessment
You will be required to attend a Welcome Event – details will be provided upon application.
What will I need
4 GCSEs at grade 3/D or above and must include English and maths. You may also be required to have a DBS check for placement.
What is covered
Subjects covered include:
• Understand how to support children's development
• Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
• The role and responsibilities of the childcare practitioner
• Safeguarding protection and welfare of babies and young children in an early years setting
• Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in an early years setting
Throughout the one year course, two days a week (250 hours in total) are spent in a variety of childcare settings with children aged 0 – 8 years.
What can this course lead to
You can progress on to the Level 3 Childcare qualifi cation with GCSE English and maths at a grade 4/C and above and a pass in Level 2 Childcare.
Are there any additional costs
It is advisable to purchase art and craft materials when required and a college polo shirt for placement (£15.00).