IT Level 1
Type: Full Time
Subject: Computing and ICT
Start Date: 01 September 2020
Fee: Please contact the Information Centre for fee information
Who is it for
This course is perfect for you if you prefer to work on practical skills and tasks that allow you to demonstrate what you can do rather than what you know in theory. The qualification gives you the opportunity to acquire and develop generic, transferable and sector–specific skills in order to complete tasks and demonstrate a level of achievement that enables you to progress to further learning.
Interview Skills Assessment
You will be required to attend a Welcome Event, details will be provided upon application.
What will I need
2 GCSEs at grade 1/G or above and ability to demonstrate an interest in the subject.
What is covered
• Being organised and developing a personal progression plan
• Working with others
• Researching a topic
• Developing digital information using IT
• Using digital communication technologies
• Solving technical IT problems
• Creating a spreadsheet to solve problems
• Creating a website
• Developing a computer programme
• Developing a digital product
• Creating a digital animated graphic
What can this course lead to
After successfully passing both this course and Functional Skills or GCSEs, you can progress on to the Level 2 in IT, or you may want to use this qualification to start your IT career.